Friday, September 6, 2013

Spirit Item Update from Donna Beth

It was wonderful to have a HUGE turnout for out 50th.  LHB and LHAB has been a big part of our lives and continues to be.

And - on to the Spirit Items - all orders will be filled - what you did not get on Friday night and if you did not pick them up, is in my car, will be in my house to sort out so that I can back order this week.

On Thursday last week, when I picked up the items from the shirt/cap place - I became the spirit item guru.  Only a few people do a lot of work to make Band Day work and when the attendance numbers doubled in about three days, you can only make so much work, much as we try.  The spirit item history is that we, as officers, try to predict what you will order and what sizes and look at the past (when we have had left overs!).

We have to pay up front and we use what money we have budgeted for this.  And - UT has to approve everything that might involve any kind of a logo using UT - it's a trademark thing that involves money and you know that is paramount with UT athletics, and that takes lots of time.  Fortunately, we have a very good merchandiser who can smooth things over with those folks and sometimes it can only take days instead of weeks!

On orders which go through the website - if I had no name on a card for you it may not have gone through.  There were several that were incomplete, which meant that your credit card did not go through and if you had a double order go through, let me know.  I also have one that does not have a name.  Most have emails and I will probably get in contact with you to confirm your order.

And we can still wear our LHAB shirts with pride - year after year -

Donna Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment